1. How do I get to the Delisa Creative Retreat?
We pick up all clients from Nice international airport at 2 p.m. The journey to the villa will take approx 35 - 45 minutes. If required we can pick clients up from Cannes train station as well. Let us know how you will be travelling, and we'll make the neccesary arrangements.
2. What is the best way to book my place and pay?
To book your place please visit our availability page and complete our enquiry form. We will then reply to you and begin the booking process. Our preferred method of payment is by paypal, as it protects both us and you.
3. What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
We understand that things do happen in peoples lives, but we ask that you understand there are considerable costs that are non refundable to us, and as such we are unable to refund all monies paid to us that we have passed on to third parties. However we are able to refund some monies paid, and the details are available on our Terms and conditions page.
- If you cancel your booking 8-6 weeks before the dcr start date, you will get 50% of your booking refunded.
- If you cancel your booking 6-4 weeks before the dcr start date, you will get 25% of your booking refunded.
- If you cancel your booking 4-2 weeks before the dcr start date, no refund can be offered.
Taking out comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation, health and accidents, will prevent any serious financial losses.
4. What do I do if the Delisa Creative Retreat is cancelled?
If in the unlikely event we have to cancel the Delisa Creative Retreat, a refund of all monies paid will be made immediately. Most eventualities have been covered by us, but all our retreats have a minimum attendance of 3 persons. If that is not met, it will have to be cancelled. We will do all we can to prevent such a cancellation happening.
5. Can I bring a non-participating partner or friend?
Yes. Just let us know on the enquiry form, and we'll set the wheels in motion. Non-participating partners or friends attend at a reduced rate.
6. What kind of meals and refreshments can I expect?
Breakfast will be made up of freshly baked pastries such as croissants, and pain au chocolates etc. Also on offer will be a range of cereals, fruit and fruit juices.
Lunch will be salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches and paninis. Refreshments will be tea, coffee, juices and wine.
Dinner will vary but will always be four courses made up of a starter, a main meal, a cheese board and a dessert. Accompanying that will be wines, soft drinks, water, and hot drinks.
Snacks are available throughout the day.
7. Do I need any experience at all in anything offered at the retreat?
Definately not. The projects on offer have been designed to ensure anyone can accomplish them and produce good results.
8. Do I need to bring anything with me?
You do not need to bring anything with you to carry out and complete the retreat projects. A little spending money is recommended, for when we venture out to Cannes, Monaco and Grasse, in case something catches your eye.
9. Do our rooms have electrical sockets?
Yes. Yes. Bring travel adapters if you need them. Don’t forget chargers for phones and cameras!
10. Will our mobile phones work in France?
Yes, but check with your cellphone provider for a plan that will work in Europe. Smart phones will work with wi-fi which is widely available in France and throughout the villa. With wi-fi you can use Skype and other phone apps to stay in daily communication with family and friends at home.
11. Do we need to tip?
Tipping is generally included on your bill. It’s customary to leave a few extra coins, up to 10%, in addition to the service charge.
12. I see that we'll be getting out now and again. How do we get around?
We provide transportation during your entire stay with us, from picking you up and dropping you off to the airport, to our evenings out.
13. What happens if I don't feel like taking part in a particular project, preferring to relax around the pool?
That is no problem. Your entire stay is as flexible as you want it to be.